Yay, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Kaleidoscopic Kites! Thank you chica:)
Here are my 11 random facts:
I’m obsessed with tomatoes (they’re delicious). || I write a lot of poetry and song lyrics that no one is allowed to read. || I am considering getting a tattoo of a Cummings quote or an Angelou quote. || I’ve been to 16 countries. || I have a weakness for dimples. || My mom tried to have more children, but I was the only lucky winner winner chicken dinner. || I had a spinal fusion and now have a crazy scar that I tell fibs about. || I sobbed uncontrollably while reading The Time Traveler’s Wife and then started writing my novel. || I haven’t seen my father since I was very young, but I have the best step-dad EVER. || The color yellow is everywhere in my apartment. || I used to hate beer; now I love it! ||
And my answers to Kaleidoscopic Kite’s questions:
1) If you were any movie character, who would you be? Hermoine, maybe? Magic rocks.
2) Do you tell the truth, lie, or keep secrets the most? Hmmm…I feel like I tell the truth TOO much sometimes. My friends say I’d be Candor if we lived in Divergent‘s world.
3) If you could try any exotic food, what would it be? I looove trying new food. One I haven’t tried yet is Ethiopian- I’ve heard good things.
4) Do you have a hidden talent? I am fantastic at NOT showering, but looking like I did.
5) Who is your biggest role model? My madre, for sure. She is a genuine badass.
6) Why and when did you start writing? I’ve been writing since I was really little- being an only child forces your imagination to run wild.
7) Would you rather be invisibility powers or be able to see things that are invisible? Why? I don’t believe in ghosts/spirits so I guess I’d have to go with the first option!
8) Favorite book? Oh, goodness, tough. I will always have a huge spot in my heart for the classic, Catcher in the Rye.
9) Put these in order to your liking for which is most important to you the most to the least: Money, Love, or Time. I’m a teacher so money is obviously last, ha! Love and Time are super hard to choose from. I’m one of those people who freak out -often- about wasting time/not having enough time. But love is something I dream of having again.
10) Do you have any weird habits? When I eat pizza, I take one bite of the “front” and then one bite of the crust and then repeat. It drives my friend Jennifer crazy.
11) Favorite topic to write about? Just…life. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Realistic fiction.
And now my 11 nominations, check them out! These guys rock:
1. Anika: Saturday Night’s Alright for Writing
2. Jalal: My Success is Your Success
3. Nic: The Tailor-Made Trilogy
4. Alex: Adult & Teen Fiction
5. James: Language Arts Blog
6. Christi: Novel Conclusions
7. Jess: Down the Road
9. John: Write me a book, John!
10. Eric: Written Words Never Die
And my 11 questions for you awesome people:
1. Screw, marry, kill: Oprah, Beiber, Ron Weasley. Go!
2. You have $1.99 to spend as you choose: what do you buy?
3. Guilty pleasure read?
4. Guilty pleasure TV show and/or movie?
5. Where would you like to be a fly on the wall?
6. What dish do you cook to impress people?
7. You can only consume 3 foods for the rest of your life. You choose:
8. Most-hated word?
9. Favorite element of a smore? (This tells a lot about a person, trust me)
10. Nose hairs- what are your thoughts?
11. What makes your palms sweat?